sdkljf

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Little Late!

Hello!
It has been a couple weeks since I have posted! But I have been trying to let stuff accumulate to show. Now I am watching Julie & Julia, while procrastinating writing this, a scholarship letter, and doing my 4D homework. In Julie & Julia, Julie (Amy Adams) creates a blog to keep track of herself as she attempts to 524 recipes in 365 days. I have only written a few posts and this movie is making me feel so guilty about not writing, I mean she is on top of her stuff! So now I have to be on top of mine. There has just been soooo much to do and it always seems like so little time!


So in the past few weeks, I have completed a 3D wire sculpture, my video that corresponds to the song in the previous post, and started playing around with Adobe After Affects in preparation for the next upcoming project.

The first thing I have to show is my sculpture! It had to be a continuous line and had to be an animal so I chose a tiger.

My teacher really liked it, and it was chosen to be out in the hallway for the parent's weekend presentation!!!!! 


The next thing is the video. Now BEWARE it is a little disturbing. That is the effect that I was going for, but if you are easily disgusted then do not watch it, haha. 


These next two are explorations in Adobe's After Effects, and the first was to show a "transition between two opposites," and the second is a "message." And let me just say ahead of time that the "message" is NOT true. I am not. 




The next project we are doing is redoing a movie or tv show's opening title sequence. I will be redoing The Silence of the Lambs. 
The opening credits are already pretty bad, a sans serif font with a harsh white outline.....  


I am so excited because this is what I want to do for a career, so I better do well on this. I am debating asking for Howard Shore's permission to use the actual music from the opening or not. I think that it would make the project really special, but I am also wondering if they would want to see the finished product!!!! Ahh...I am not sure. 
I am thinking for my idea, (if you have seen the movie) that I am going to mainly use the Death's-Head Hawks Moth, and have dozens of them fly around and form objects that have to do with the movie and the letters. So i will post more about it next week I promise! I will stop procrastinating. 

It is parents weekend this weekend so this time tomorrow night I will be with BOTH of my parents!!!!!

I am so excited!!!!
Also I did find sometime to myself over these past few weeks and decided to go out and be social! So I went night fishing at the local beach and caught one!

And also saw dozens of stingrays and something very large in the water...I have to get used to the fact that this is Florida and there are scary things swimming around.

So thanks for taking the time to read this all, and looking at my stuff! I apologize for having to click on the youtube links, for some reason the video didn't just appear on the blog this time ):    I hope you all have a great week!

P.S.
         HELLOOOO JEN FERGUSON :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment